Monday, October 6, 2008

Monday Miscellany

A weekly post of random photographs with no unifying story. Click for larger images on any of them.



The kids on the first day of school. Allyne now has a uniform too, but it is a white shirt with navy slacks or skirt.


John and I were the first in the family to ride a city bus. Some are nice and new, but the ones that run the 53 route, which we can use to get to the Auchan grocery store, are real rust buckets.



I couldn't get good photos because the light was failing, but this character is installing an air conditioner on the fifth floor. Safety First, right?




Lee has made some really nice posts of Chinese gardens. Here is another aspect. All of the little buildings have names, and some are very elaborate flowery names taken from Chinese poetry. This one especially cracked me up, and it makes me think of the poem (mercifully cited only by name) in The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy: An Ode To The Lump of Green Putty I Found in My Armpit One Mid-Summer Morning

1 comment:

  1. The kids all look so thrilled about going to school...:)

    ReplyDelete